Does disposable hand sanitizer contain alcohol?
Yes it is.
Regardless of the size of the disposable hand sanitizer, the main ingredients are triclosan, ethanol, and skin care agents. Among them, ethanol is alcohol, and alcohol is a substance with disinfection and sterilization effect. It has been inspected by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention. Alcohol-free hand sanitizer can effectively inactivate the virus, with a killing rate of 99.99%, and the effect lasts for a long time, lasting 4-5 hours, up to 6 hours.
Can a baby use disposable hand sanitizer?
The baby can use it appropriately.
Many hand sanitizers on the market now contain more disinfection and sterilization ingredients and some organic solvents. The baby's skin is generally tender. If the baby is absorbed by the hand sanitizer frequently, it may cause some damage to the skin. The irritation causes excessive oil loss on the surface of the skin and damages the protective layer of the hand skin. It is recommended to use a hand sanitizer to wash your baby's hands. It is best to rinse off some chemical residues with water.
What are the ingredients of disposable hand sanitizer
1. Ethanol. Its main function is sterilization, and the concentration of ethanol contained in it varies depending on the product.
2. Chlorhexidine acetate. It acts as a disinfectant and can be dissolved in ethanol and can inhibit most of the Gram-negative and Gram-positive bacteria.
3. Silver nitrate. The effect is similar to chlorhexidine acetate, both are disinfectants;
4. Medicinal glycerin. moisturizer;
5. Dipropylene glycol. moisturizer;
6. Sorbitan monostearate, surfactant;
7. Polyoxyethylene sorbitan fatty acid ester. Surfactant;
8. Pigment. Toner;
9. Essence and flavoring agent.
What are the disadvantages of disposable hand sanitizer
1. Affect the skin of the hands
Because our hand skin has the function of absorption, the hand sanitizer will contain some disinfectants that are difficult to volatilize or take time to evaporate, and most of the hand sanitizers contain fragrances, so long-term use of hand sanitizers is used to disinfect In the hands, there will definitely be residual substances absorbed by the hands, and these ingredients may have a certain irritation effect on the skin, and may cause symptoms such as dry skin and allergies.
2. Difficult to disinfect thoroughly
There are some hand sanitizers where the alcohol concentration will not be 75% or above, and 75% alcohol will have a good disinfection and sterilization effect, so it is difficult to use low-concentration hand sanitizers for disinfection. , And it is difficult to quickly disinfect. It is only suitable for hand hygiene.